Search This Blog

Thursday, September 17, 2020

Let It Shine!

Following a recent Sunday service, a friend from Dallas sent me a message telling me how much she appreciated my talk. She also shared the following with me.

Your Gifts Are For The World!
Your Gifts Are Your Seed That You Plant Into The World To Grow And Build The
World So You Can Leave A Legacy.
Your Gifts Are Your Currency! Take Them And Plant Them Into The Rich Soil Of
The Earth, And See Them Spread Out Into The Atmosphere And To All The People!
They Are Your Special Talents, Things You Have To Offer, What You Are Good At,
Your Ideas, Your Prosperity, Your Areas Of Creation – And The Created Products!
They Are For Both You And The World! The World Needs Your Contribution, And
The World Is Waiting, And Continues To Wait For Your Gifts.
There Are People Waiting For Your Gifts, And They Are INTENDED To Receive What
You Are, And What You Have To Give!
Wake Up And Give!

Tarjia Johnson

My friend was encouraging me to accept and own my gifts and talents, but not for any selfish gain or egocentric motivation. She was urging me to know that I have something to give, as well as recognize that there are people who are waiting to receive what I have to share.

I want you to know that you, too, have something special that you alone are here to share with the world. Further, those who are intended to receive it are waiting for you to share it.

I know that many of us were programmed to believe that owning our gifts and talents and sharing them boldly was not acceptable. We were taught that pride was a sin, and we should learn and practice humility. We were told that we should not be toofull of ourselves.” We learned that it was unacceptable to be true to who we are and let our light shine.

Jesus said, You are the Light of the World. Let your light shine before [all] that God may be glorified” (Matthew 5:16). We are here to be a light in the darkness that so often pervades the world. When we hide our light under a bushel” we deprive the world of the light of God that each of us is.

I am committed to consciously connecting with my soul, the unique expression of God that I Am, and living in harmony with it. My new affirmation is I live my I Am audaciously.” I invite you to boldly join me as we own our unique expression of the One Light and Let It Shine!

2 comments :

  1. Thank you for continuing to share your gifts and your journey with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so lucky that as you grow audaciously into your authentic self, we get to share in your journey. We appreciate your gifts and talents.

    ReplyDelete