Search This Blog

Thursday, July 30, 2020

The One Thing

Over the course of the past few years, I have had thoughts of writing a book or compiling some of my writings and publishing them as a book. I have begun the process a few times, but never felt inspired to continue. Using terminology from my traditional Christian roots, I could say that the project wasn’t “anointed.”

Lately, I have received renewed inspiration about this project or projects. I have gotten the message from Spirit that I am to publish a book. I have not received clear guidance on what form it will take.

During a recent meditation, I was seeking clarity from my inner Knower as to whether the timing is now right for me to devote the time and energy toward this. I received a clear message that said, “Focus on one thing.”

My first reaction was “What?!” “What does that mean?” My mind immediately began trying to figure out what “one thing” in the manifest realm I am supposed to focus on. Did that mean that I am not to spend time now focusing on a book or books, but am to be focused on the church, focused on classes, or focused on continuing to educate myself on social issues? What does it mean for me to “Focus on one thing?”

I have continued to ruminate on this message in the ensuing days. Like the proverbial dog with a bone, I have latched on and have been trying to figure it out. Then, this morning, as I was sitting on my trusty meditation cushion, it came to me.

The one thing that I am to focus on has nothing to do with anything in the external. It is not a book or books. It is not the church. It is not classes. It is not educating myself. I am to focus on Unity. No, not the spiritual movement. I am to focus on realizing my Unity in Divine Life Energy.

I received the Knowing from Spirit that when I focus on realizing Unity that everything in the external, the book(s), classes, church, education, and anything else that is to come into manifestation will be made known to me and the path will be revealed.

As I pondered this revelation, I realized that this is the foundational tenet of the Unity movement. It may be decorated with all sorts of teaching around healing, wholeness, prosperity and the like, but these are all external manifestations. The essential message of our teaching is conveyed by our name – UNITY.

Our spiritual practices, such as prayer, meditation, contemplation, visualization, forgiveness and others, when focused internally with the intention to know our Unity, will reveal to us what is ours to do to demonstrate our Unity consciousness.

It may be to write a book. If so, the book will be imbued with a higher vibration. It may be to teach a class or facilitate a workshop. If so, the underlying intention will be to assist all who participate in knowing their Unity. All else will be in support of how we live from that conscious awareness. It may be to continue to educate ourselves about social issues. If so, all will be seen through the lens of Oneness, and the learning will be from a higher perspective. It may be to take action to support change in the world, to help bring justice, equanimity and peace to the world. If so, it will be accomplished without fear, but with the energy of Love and Light.

Unity consciousness is the potential and possibility for each of us. Our way shower Jesus charted the path for us to follow. It requires our commitment and dedication to the path and to our daily spiritual practice.

Join us on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. MT via

1 comment :

  1. I see 11:11, 1:11, and others, but the ones are what I can't figure out. Oneness I suppose. That would mean division is error.

    ReplyDelete