Search This Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Power of 'I AM'

The “I Am” is God in action. God is not a man. God is working through you. You are not separated from God. God does not sit far up in the sky and send you a good idea. God is the I Am giving you a new embodiment, a new creation. Whatever you believe, that you create. You are the I AM. God knows himself in your consciousness, and that is knowing God. God is I AM THAT I AM, but you are I AM.

As I meditated this morning, once again on what it means to be a spiritual master, I was reminded of these powerful words by Emmet Fox in his presentation, Life is Consciousness, at Unity Village in 1936. There is great power in knowing that each of us is the I AM. There is also power in aligning our thoughts, words and actions with the Truth. This is the reason I am encouraging each of us to continue to claim…

I Am a Spiritual Master
I Am Awakening to my Mastery
I Am Mastering my Mastery

When we continue to claim these truths, we condition our minds with the truth of who and what we are and affirm for ourselves that we make conscious choices to be aware of our truth in every moment and to embody our truth through every thought, word and action.

A Spiritual Master knows “I Am That I Am.”

As we align with the truth of our mastery, we are awakening more fully to who we are as I AM. We are in the process of remembering what we already know and reclaiming who we already are as we open to the realization that we are the wisdom, power, intelligence, strength, love, and all that we consider God to be as the I Am of each of us.

As Fox stated, “The ‘I Am’ is God in action.”  Unity cofounder, Charles Fillmore, stated that Christ is a scriptural name for the spiritual ‘I Am.’ ‘I Am’ is the “word made flesh” (John 1:14) in each of us.

The Christ is the true light that enlightens everyone (John 1:9). As we align with the I Am, Christ, the ways we have previously known ourselves, through memories of the past, are transmuted by the light of the Christ.



A Spiritual Master surrenders all to the Christ.

Say, “I let go, and I let God. I give it over to the Christ and allow the Christ Light of my True Nature to be the source of the cleansing.”

In this way, our minds are renewed and our lives are transformed (Romans 12:2). We become, as Paul said, new creatures in our Christed awareness (2 Corinthians 5:17). As we become new creatures, we no longer operate as our former selves. We no longer see through the eyes of who we have previously believed ourselves to be. The former has passed away and something new has been born in our consciousness, not something that is newly us, but a renewed conscious awareness of that which we have always been – the I Am, the Christ of God, God in action. We have awakened to it.

A Spiritual Master allows the Christ to live as him.

Fox continues in his speech by saying that we not only build our consciousness through our thoughts, but also by, “Using your ‘I Am’ in every action all day long. You never build anything into your consciousness until you do it in practice.”

As we bring the awareness of our Christ, I AM, more fully into our consciousness, it becomes our predominate focus. The Christ becomes our primary way of being in the world.

I encourage us to begin each day affirming,

I Am a Spiritual Master
I Am awakening to my Mastery
I am mastering my Mastery
I Am God in action
I Am the Christ

Do the same prior to conversations, meetings, and all activities engaged in during the day. When we do this, it helps us to be the conscious activity of I Am. In doing so, we invite the Christ to live as us.

It is vitally important for us to know that we have the power to invite the Christ, to welcome the Christ, and to allow the Christ to be our expression.

I encourage us to use the power of our spoken word to proclaim,

I live, yet not I, but the Christ lives as me.
I speak, yet not I, but the Christ speaks as me.
I see, not yet I, but the Christ sees as me.
I hear, not yet I, but the Christ hears as me.
I act, yet not I, but the Christ acts as me.

A Spiritual Master knows the power of the word.

Words are important. Thoughts and feelings are powerful, but the spoken and written word bring the intention more fully into a third dimensional expression. They help to ground the intention and bring it into demonstrable form.

As we claim it, we invoke our power of faith to know that it is happening. As Paul said, Faith is the assurance of things [declared], the conviction of things not [yet] seen (Hebrews 11:1).

Knowing and claiming the truth that we are “God in action” in every moment sets us free from the bondage of belief that we, of our personal selves, can do or know anything apart from God. As the master Jesus said, “The Father within does the work” (John 14:10). We might also say, “The Master within does the work.” When we align with that truth, we are free to be as Fox stated, the consciousness through which God knows himself. We are also free to be the ones through which the activity of God is brought forth into the manifest world through our thoughts, words and actions.


Join us on Sunday, July 9, at our 10:00 service as we explore together more fully the implications of claiming, I Am.

2 comments :

  1. Thought provoking as usual. I have read and enjoyed this blog several times now. I have more questions than before. The one that keeps popping up after each reading is the idea of truth. You said, "...we make conscious choices to be aware of our truth in every moment and to embody our truth through every thought, word and action."

    My question is: we all have truths; are mine the same as yours? Are mine the same as everyone else's, or anyone else's?

    I think not.

    My challenge is to understand the Christ in me while also seeing the Christ in you. To know that we are the Christ and yet, to understand that our truths are not only different, but unique, necessary and part of what makes us different from each other. I know, I get it, and yet I don't.

    Thank you David for your well thought words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it took me reading this blog 3 times on Friday and once again Saturday morning before I got it! What made that happen was substituting "Word made flesh" for "Christ." Then it all came together. It is not I, but the "Word made flesh" that lives, speaks, sees, hears and acts as me.

    My mind, or the "Word made flesh," was working hard for me to understand this. BTW, you know you've got a book in here!

    ReplyDelete