Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

I'm Coming Out!

Today, I am coming out of the closet. Surprise!

No, not that closet. That’s old news.

I am coming out of hiding about something I have not shared with many people for fear of the reactions I might get. I now understand that it is not about me. So, I am sharing it with you and invite you to participate.

Every Thursday morning, with rare exception, I host a conference call. During this call, a collective consciousness of the group energy is established by those on the call with me. I serve as the voice for insights and wisdom that is drawn from this collective consciousness. Some call this “channeling.”

Perhaps it is “channeling,” but I do not claim to be speaking for an entity or disembodied beings or spirits. I believe that I am opening myself to serve as a conduit for the word, the I AM, the eternal fount of wisdom within us all. I hold that I am only doing what each of us does when we open ourselves to the flow of Spirit. Some do it through spoken word; others through the written word. Still others express it through music, visual arts, healing arts, and many other expressions. Most always, those that experience the flow, call the moments inspired. I feel inspired when I translate the energy to spoken word so that others can benefit from the insights and wisdom generated in these moments.

What follows is an excerpt from one of those calls. It is edited for this format. I have decided to share these here from time to time. I hope you find them beneficial.

___________________________________________________________



Everything that is moving in and through your awareness in this moment is an aspect of Consciousness awakening unto itself.

You are a point of awareness at which Consciousness is becoming conscious of Itself.
Allow your mind to grasp the truth of that at whatever capacity you have to do so. It is not something that you can reason. It is not something that you can necessarily understand with the mind. It is something you can experience. It is the Divine experiencing itself as you and delighting in Its expression.

Say to yourself or aloud:

I experience all the truth, the light, the power, the presence that is moving in and through this moment, moving in and through this moment as my body; moving in and through this moment as the word; moving in and through this moment as light; moving in and through this moment as sound; moving in and through this moment as the chair; moving in and through this moment as the animals; moving in and through this moment as the air that I breathe; moving in and through this moment as every cell of my body. Divine Life is moving in and through and as all creation in this very moment. Divine Life is awakening unto itself as I awaken unto the awareness of that life that is moving in and through every moment.

I AM that which is aware of it. I AM one with it. I AM not separate from the chair, the animals, the ground, the sky, the trees, my body, or any of those things that I perceive in manifested form. They are expressions of the Divine Life that is moving in and through and as this moment.

As I perceive through my physical senses, I awaken. I see, smell, taste, hear and feel Divine Life moving in and through all of creation.

There is no separation. The only “sin” is believing that there is anything that is not Divine Life. When you awaken to the awareness that the Allness that God is is moving in and through and as every moment, you are free from any idea of separation. Therefore, you are free from “sin.” You have received your enlightenment—your salvation.

The Spiritual Master, Jesus of Nazareth, said, "You must be born again to enter the Kingdom of God” (John 3:3). You must be born anew in your awareness of Divine Life moving in and through and as all things to enter the awareness that the kingdom is here and now present.

Say aloud or to yourself:

In this moment, I am born again.

Resistance to understanding, accepting, and claiming this Truth keeps you separate from it, but only in your own thinking. You cannot be separate from anything, because Divine Life is all you are, I AM. All is God. All is Light.

Jesus also said, "You must become as a little child. Unless you become as a child, you cannot enter the kingdom" (Matthew 18:3). You cannot enter the kingdom because your mind is so full of these ideas, projections of belief, and thoughts of separation learned in your life experience. To become as a child means to free yourself of all you think you know.

Jesus instructed us in A Course in Miracles, when observing things during the day to say to ourselves, "I do not know what anything means. I do not know the meaning of this thing." Do you see how that opens you up to the revelation of God moving in and through and as all that is? As you become as a child, you open your mind. You enter the mind of “not knowing;” the mind of innocence, curiosity and questioning. You open your heart to the revelation of Divine Life in and through all things.

If you do not become as a child, you cannot enter the kingdom of God—the consciousness of oneness, the consciousness of unity, where you know that you are not separate. Unless you become as a little child, you will not know your own enlightenment. You will not know your own salvation. Allow yourself, as you move about your day, to become as a child and embrace the curious mind.

Opening your mind and heart to the revelation of Truth that is beyond what you have learned and think you know is key to your enlightenment. It is key to awakening the Spiritual Master that you are.

That is the message for today. The message today is to open, to spend more time in the kingdom in your own consciousness; to spend more time in meditation and contemplation, in prayer, opening to the conscious awareness of Consciousness awakening unto itself as you. You are the awakening Consciousness. As you awaken, you claim yourself as the Spiritual Master you are.

______________________________________________________________

If you would like to experience one of these calls, please send me an email and I will send you the necessary information. All are welcome. When contacting me about the Thursday morning conference calls, please send your email to revdavidhhoward@gmail.com.

_______________________________________________________________

As always, USCD will gather on Sunday morning at 10:00 for our weekly service. If you are in the area, please join us. This week, we go "back to basics" with guest speaker, Mendhi Audlin, LUT.  Explore the five foundational Unity teachings and how they build upon each other to lead us on a path of Oneness and, of course, UNITY! Mendhi’s lesson is, “One, not None.” 

Additionally, if you are blessed or inspired by these posts or my Sunday lessons, which are available on YouTube, I encourage you to make a donation to support the ministry of Unity Spiritual Center Denver. Thank you!

5 comments :

  1. Very cool David,

    In the Way International fellowships we use to Speak in Tongues with interpretation and give word of wisdom and word of knowledge in a form of prophesy in a small group setting. The words were always as God speaking through us. They were always edifying and positive and meant to build up the individuals present. Your phone meetings reminded Sarah and I of those fellowships.

    Thanks for sharing.
    Patrick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your awesomeness David. Love Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a lot of people have been aware of your channeling for years. Think you were not in a closet on that aspect of yourself either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I encourage everyone to come out of the closet on all facets of our lives. Coming out of the closet doesn't mean having a conversation about a particular closet item with everyone you meet. We don't have to talk to the haters about the closet beyond the fact that we have stepped out. If it seems to upset others, that is their issue.

    We are what we are, and that's all that we are. To make ourselves better, we need to get out of our closets. If the closet is something we should change about ourselves, stepping out of the closet is the first step of that change. If the closet is something we should cherish about ourselves, being in the light of the world instead of the dark of the closet will shine that light upon us.

    Coming out of the closet is always beneficial, even if we don't think so at the time. It gets help if we need it. It shines a light if we don't. It is our light that is shining when we step out of the closet, but people feel badly for things they shouldn't even feel badly about. I know I'm going to follow David's wonderful example to step out of my closets almost immediately...as soon as I finish lunch...and read this self-help book...and watch this tv show...and...maybe tomorrow.

    It's hard to step out of all the closets I'm in since there are times I step out of one closet and I find myself in another closet. I am trying! Life is all about trying. Thank you for the message Rev!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I learn from all that you share. Thank you for constantly being willing to be authentic and stepping out of your comfort zone. I have loved you for ever, still do, admire you too, am constantly in awe and so want to be like you when I spiritually grow up!!!

    ReplyDelete