Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2021

Take Charge of Your Life

Last month, I participated in a five-week online “Intention and Connection” experience with a small group of people from all over the United States, as well as one person from Wales. We were instructed to create an intention statement and share it with the group during the first meeting. My understanding at the outset was that the purpose of the group was to support each of us in manifesting our intention. I thought that the experience would be something like a Master Mind Group where we would be focused on supporting each other in connecting with our visions and working toward demonstrating them. I worked to create what I thought was a powerfully stated intention and one that I could embody.

I soon realized that this gathering of souls was less about manifesting an intention and more about making heart connections with each other and holding space for each of us to connect more deeply with ourselves. While it was not what I had imagined, it was an empowering experience.

Over the course of the five weeks, the lengthy intention statement I had created at the beginning morphed into something quite different. It became simply “I am taking charge of my life.”


While the statement is short and concise, it is anything but simple. I recognize that taking charge of my life is a multi-faceted process which includes, not necessarily in this order, connecting with the desires of my heart; setting and stating clear intentions; accessing the qualities of thought and feeling that I desire to experience; releasing habits of thought and behavior that hold me back; taking inspired action; asking for what I want and need; seeking support when I need it; making conscious choices moment-by-moment that support me in creating the life I desire; and knowing at the depth of my being my oneness with the Creative Life Energy referred to by many names, the most common being ‘God.’

As I know it for me, I know it for you, as well. Living the life we desire does not happen by accident. It does not happen according to some divine fiat. Living the life we desire requires our conscious and active participation. No one can do it for us. There is only one who has the power to transform my life – ME! There is only one who has the power to transform your life – YOU!

I gave up making New Year’s resolutions long ago, mainly because they proved to be futile. Still, I believe in the power of intention. I am committed to my intention to “Take Charge of my Life.” I invite you to join me on this journey as you take charge of your life, as well.  

This Sunday, January 10, I will begin a series of lessons which I am calling “Living Consciously” in alignment with our Unity Spiritual Center Denver mission statement – We inspire transformation. We live consciously. We connect authentically. Sunday’s lesson is “Your Heart’s Desires.” Please join me as we explore the facets of “taking charge of our lives.”

 

No comments :

Post a Comment