Search This Blog

Thursday, February 6, 2020

You Are Love Made Flesh


Earlier today, I arrived at the conclusion that I was not to write a post this week.

I sat in front of my computer screen wondering what to write. I wrote, but it was not from the heart. I realized that I was writing because I was telling myself that I “should” write. In case you’re wondering, “shoulding” on ourselves never promotes inspiration.

So, I stopped. I knew that I was forcing it. I knew it was all coming from my head and not my heart.

This evening (I’m writing on Wednesday), during our monthly contemplative service, I was inspired.

John 3:16 & 17 was one of the Scriptures I heard over and over again in the Baptist church. Along with hymns like, “The Old Rugged Cross” and “Just as I Am,” this Bible passage was a staple for nearly every service, or so it seems in my memory.

Here is the New Revised Standard Version,

“For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.”

During meditation tonight, the following interpretation came through.

For God, as Love, so loved that God poured Itself into being as you, so that the world, through the power of the love that you are, might be uplifted, healed and reclaimed in the conscious awareness of Love’s presence. As you know this as Truth, you realize that Love is eternal; therefore you are eternal. You are the Beloved of God. You are Love made flesh. You are the one sent to redeem the world for Love.

This Scripture took on a whole new meaning. I was uplifted and inspired.


My prayer is that each of you reading this will take it to heart. You are Love made flesh. You are here to be Love in the world. Be the Love that you are. Love is the only salvation of a world consumed by fear.

Say aloud or to yourself every morning and as often as it comes to mind –

I am Love made flesh.
I am the Beloved of God.
I am here to reclaim the world in Love.

Namaste!

4 comments :