Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2016

I Say 'Yes' To My Divinty

Unity cofounder Charles Fillmore discerned The Twelve Powers of Man and correlated each of them to one of Jesus’s disciples. He taught that in calling each of the disciples to him that, metaphysically speaking, Jesus was calling to himself aspects of his Christ nature represented by each of the twelve.

In our current study of The Twelve Powers, we are using Reverend Linda Martella-Whitsett’s book, Divine Audacity. Rev. Linda challenges us to claim our Divinity; to say proudly, “I am the Light of the world.” In doing so, we claim the Christ nature to be the truth of us. As we ignite and develop our powers, we are calling into our awareness these twelve aspects of the Christ to be in service to our highest nature and the greatest good for all.


This Sunday, September 25, I will be talking about the Powers of Order and Will.

Rev. Linda begins her discussion of the Power of Order with an explanation of “spiritual order.” As I perused this chapter, it became clear that in order for us to grasp the importance of our Power of Order, it is essential for us to first understand it in relation to what we refer to as “spiritual order” or “natural order.”

Thomas Troward is one of my favorite early New Thought teachers and authors. Troward was an English author and lecturer whose work greatly influenced the New Thought movement in Europe as well as in the United States. Ernest Holmes began what is now the Religious Science movement by teaching Thomas Troward’s work. Charles Fillmore quoted Troward in Atom Smashing Power of Mind.

Troward says that we can understand the nature of God, or the “Originating Creative Principle” as he refers to It, by observing the natural order all around us. He asserts that upon critical observation we can determine that the nature of God must be Order, Harmony, Unity, Peace, Life, Love, Joy and Beauty. Nature is a manifestation of the Organizing Principle that imbues all creation.

We witness the natural order, or Organizing Principle, of the universe simply by observing nature. We see it in the astronomers’ models of our solar system with the sun at the center and the planets revolving in perfect order and symmetry. All of it in continual motion, yet held in harmony and order by the force of gravity.

We can also observe natural order as the seasons change. We are just now able to see the leaves beginning to change color, the days growing shorter and the temperatures cooler. All signs that we are transitioning from summer to fall.

We witness the natural progression of seeds as they germinate, take root, sprout and eventually blossom forth into full flowering. The natural order of the universe displays Harmony, Life and Beauty, all aspects of God as outlined by Troward.

In her book, Rev. Linda says that the Power of Order embodies our capacities for organization, adjustment and evolution.

Employing our Power of Understanding, which I wrote about last week, each of us is capable of seeing through what might appear on the surface as chaos to instead connect with the demonstrations of spiritual order, not only in nature, but also in our own lives. The Power of Order allows us to, according to Rev. Linda, “organize our thoughts, words, and actions in concert with divine order.”
  
She also states that our Power of Order is our capacity of adjustment. As I contemplated this, I thought of the developments in the technology of autonomous cars, which in the not too distant past were thought to be science fiction. These cars are equipped with tools that allow them to navigate without a driver. They sense their surroundings in order to determine when to stop, change lanes, or even alter their route in order to proceed toward the intended destination with greatest ease and efficiency.

Our power of Order is our ability to make “course corrections” that assist us in fulfilling our intention to manifest our heart’s desires and serve the greatest good for all. When we activate and use our Powers of Wisdom and Understanding and follow our internal guidance system, we can use Order to make the necessary adjustments to stay on course.

We can also use our Power of Order to actively participate in our own evolutionary or transformation process. As Troward said, the Originating Creative Principle, or God, is Life. Life, understood as God expressing, embodies the qualities of continual expansion and growth. Life is always expressing more of Itself toward the experience of more Life. Utilizing Order we connect with the impulse of Life and cooperate with it.

Order is one of the faculties that each of us can develop and employ so that we may consciously participate and cooperate with spiritual order. As we work with the natural order we co-create in harmony with it.

Rev. Linda says that our Power of Will includes the aspects of choice, commitment and willingness.

The power to choose is one of the fundamental gifts of our humanity. It is the gift of free will. Our free will is our ability to say ‘Yes.’ And, we are constantly saying ‘Yes’ to something. Even when we believe we are saying ‘No’ we are actually, unconsciously saying ‘Yes’ to what we do not want.

Whatever we include in our consciousness is our ‘Yes’ to the Originating Creative Principle, and It always responds with ‘Yes.’ This is an aspect of another of Thomas Troward’s teaching concerning God as the “Great Affirmative.”¹ Of course, his teaching is much more complex. This is just one aspect that I find meaningful.

We are continually choosing. The question is whether we are choosing consciously or not.
Willingness is our capacity to be open and receptive to inspiration, insight and revelation as we use our Powers of Wisdom and Understanding to connect with our inner Knower and the guidance of the Spirit within. We must be willing to listen and respond in order that we may follow and cooperate with spiritual order.

As we become aware of our Power of Will and begin to use it deliberately, in conjunction with our Powers of Wisdom, Understanding and Order, we make choices that are in service to our Christ nature. Further, once we make those choices, Will is our power to stay committed to them.

As we work with our Powers of Order and Will this week, I invite us to use the following affirmations.

As I focus my attention on the area behind my navel I envision a spring green light. I call into my awareness my Power of Order, an aspect of my Christ nature. I consciously connect with the spiritual order inherent in all creation, and I am aligned with the divine flow. My mind is filled with the awareness of my Christ nature. I adjust my thoughts, words and actions in alignment with it. I actively participate in the evolution of my consciousness as I intentionally embody my Christ nature. I am the Light of Order.

With my awareness directed in the central area of my brain, I imagine a silver light radiating there. I awaken my Power of Will. I say ‘Yes’ to my divinity. I am open and receptive to divine inspiration, and I willingly embrace it. Centered in my Christ nature, I make conscious choices that serve the highest good of all. I live with a determined commitment to the choices I make in service to my Christ nature.

Join us on Sunday at 10:00 as we explore in greater depth how calling forth these Powers of Order and Will can assist us in embodying our Christ nature and utilize them to co-create in harmony.


¹ The Dore Lectures

No comments :

Post a Comment