Search This Blog

Thursday, February 20, 2014

What If?

I have often heard it said, “You can’t know what you don’t know.”  Most commonly I have heard others use this phrase when attempting to help another feel better about choices he or she made in the past that turned out to be painful or in some way hurtful to another.  The point being that we all make choices from the information we have in the moment, not from information we have acquired since and would apply in retrospect.  I am willing to bet that we have all used the phrase, “If only I had known then what I know now…”

It is common for us to stand in a place of pain or discomfort in the present and ask “What if...”  What if I had finished my degree program?  What if I hadn’t made that investment?  What if I hadn’t married him or her?  When we ask “what if” questions about the past we are in judgment of a choice we made.  Asking these questions keeps us in victim consciousness, blaming ourselves for something we did or did not do.  We are choosing to remain tied to the past, rather than choosing to claim our power in the present.

In truth, now is the only moment that exists.  All knowledge, wisdom and power are present here and now.  They exist as the very nature of God, Divine Mind, which we are.  As we begin to embrace this truth, we come to know that regardless of where we stand in the moment in relation to any life experience, we are the knowledge, wisdom and power to choose something different.  Anything we choose to know in the moment we know when we are willing and able to open our hearts and minds to the knowing of God that is present now.

It is true that we can’t go back in time and make choices from what we now know.  It is also true that we can know now what we need to know in order to make choices that will enrich our lives and fulfill our hearts’ desires.  I encourage each of us to begin today to affirm,

“I am the knowledge, wisdom and power to choose the life I desire.”

As odd as it may sound, as we claim this truth, we can begin to know what we don’t know that we know.  For in truth, we know what we choose to know when we consciously choose to know it.

Rather than ask, “What if…” about the past, what if we ask,
“What if I fully embrace all that God is as me this moment?”;  “What if I take time every day to consciously connect with the knowledge, wisdom and power that I am?”;  “What if I acknowledge my full potential and begin to live it now?”;  “What if I live my life as an example to the world?”
Indeed, what if…?

No comments :

Post a Comment