Search This Blog

Thursday, October 5, 2017

Watch Your Mouth

When I was a child and into my adolescent and teen years, I would occasionally (rarely, of course) speak to my mother using tones and words which she did not particularly appreciate.  She would often respond, “You’d better watch your mouth, young man.” Though that was all she said, she needed say nothing more. I knew what she meant. I knew that I had better choose my words carefully because I would, undoubtedly, face the consequences of my choices. I did not know at the time what a valuable lesson she was teaching.

No, I do not advocate threats of violence against children or anyone else to coerce them to do what you want them to do. That is not my point. The lesson I am referring to is the importance of the words we speak and the emotion with which we speak them. Words are energy vibrations that project our thoughts and feelings into the universal creative medium in a tangible way. The Universe responds by demonstrating, with precise accuracy, life experiences that reflect the energy of our words. Therefore, it is vitally important that we choose our words consciously. 



Sometimes we fall into habits of speech and are unaware of what we are placing into the creative medium. If we are to consciously create abundant lives, we must “watch our mouths” and only speak words of prosperity, wholeness, gratitude, appreciation, love and peace. We will, undoubtedly, live the demonstrations of our words, so it benefits us to speak words that embody the energy of the lives we desire to create.

Join us on Sunday for our 10:00 service as we explore further the importance and the power of the word.


1 comment :

  1. Some people seem to always have a good way to say things. Some people...no have way.

    ReplyDelete