Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Thank you!

I begin this post with a heartfelt Thank You!

I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support that I received from so many in response to my ordination as a Unity minster. I was moved by your expressions of congratulations and encouragement. I was humbled by your words of praise. And, I was delighted by your cards, flowers and gifts.

Most especially, I was honored by those from my loving Unity Spiritual Center Denver community who were able to be present for the ceremony and bless me from your hearts with blessings that were both spoken and unspoken. It truly was an amazing, inspiring and heart-opening experience.

I had an opportunity this week to speak briefly with one of my first ministers, teachers and guides in New Thought, Rev. Dr. Kay Hunter. She is currently under hospice care and not expected to be in this earthly plane much longer. It was a special treat to hear her sweet voice and have her tell me how proud she is of me. It was like the voices of my mother, grandmother and sister, who are no longer on this plane, all combined into one precious loving sound.

She told me that she had just watched a video of one of my Sunday talks, and expressed how much she enjoyed seeing me in action. She said how pleased she is that one of her own is doing such good work in the world.

I don’t know how much good I am doing in the world, but I know that hearing those words from her inspired me to want to do more.

It was such a gift to me to be able to tell Rev. Kay how much I appreciate all that I learned from her and to thank her for all the encouragement she gave me very early on in my consciousness spiritual journey.

I also told her that there have been times when I could “kick her in the fanny” for encouraging me to go into the ministry. She got a good chuckle out of that. But, she assured me that in spite of the struggles, when you are called to ministry you are equipped for the challenge.

She reminded me of quote which originated with Smith Wigglesworth, “God does not call those who are equipped; He equips those whom He calls.” I take great comfort in this knowing  as I frequently have the thought that I am not equipped for the call. However, I trust that I am given what I need when I need it.

Thank You, Rev. Kay for all that you gave to me and to so many whose lives you have touched over these many years in the ministry. You are and will ever be a blessing to this world.

I wish I had the time and space here to extend my gratitude individually to each one who has contributed to my spiritual journey and to my path to becoming an ordained Unity minster. I would not attempt it as the list is lengthy, and I fear that I would inevitably miss someone.

So, I will simply say, Thank You!

When I was speaking with Rev. Kay I said, “I wish I could be there to give you a big hug and kiss.” She said, “Honey, I just received it over the phone. It’s all energy anyway.” Yes, even now she continues to be my teacher.

For all who have loved, supported, encouraged and cajoled me along my journey, please except this virtual hug and kiss. I trust that in the Unified Field of Consciousness in which we all live and move and have being, you receive it now.



My pledge to you is that I will give it all I have and all that God is as me to continue to grow and expand in my spiritual understanding and to serve to the best of my ability as I live my mission.


I love you. Or, better stated, God loves you as me.

2 comments :

  1. It was an honor to be there. You continue to be a blessing to our Unity community.

    Bob Bamford

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love you David and love watching you grow! thank you for all you have done for us all! Love Terri

    ReplyDelete