Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2016

L' Chaim

This week I am wrapping up the lesson series on Divine Audacity, the book by Reverend Linda Martella-Whitsett in which she explores The Twelve Powers of Man from a practical perspective as tools that we each can use to strengthen our awareness of our divinity, our Christ nature, and more fully embody and live as that. It has been a powerful series for me. I have learned a great deal about The Twelves Powers, which I honestly found confusing until I read Rev. Linda’s book. She presents the information in a clear and concise manner that has helped me to embrace my powers and learn ways to use them in my daily life. I am eternally grateful to Rev. Linda for writing this inspiring and informative book.

The final lesson is on the Power of Life. Rev. Linda says “The principle of Life, our life faculty, expresses as animation, vitality and presence.”

This is a timely message for me and as I re-read the chapter on Life, I felt energized and inspired. I received it as confirmation of an experience I had just the day before.

During a session with my spiritual teacher/guide, Sophia, I had an amazing experience. Or as my friend Debra says, an “AWE-mazing” experience. Sophia lead me through a visualization process that began with us creating together the vision of a meadow filled with light, plants of light, trees of light and vibrant colors of radiant energy streaming into the space. I was reminded of a framed print I have had for many years. It is entitled “Homecoming.” I have included a photo of it below. It is my image of “home,” a place beyond space and time, a place that only exists in my mind and heart, but a place that I go to when I want to encounter the sacred or visit another dimension.



With Sophia’s guidance, I envisioned us in this place surrounded by angels and archangel, St. Michael, St. Uriel and others, who were there to assist in holding the safety and sanctity of the space. She asked me to imagine that we were seated in this space with an empty chair to my right and her in a chair to my left. She then asked me to envision a doorway leading into the space from another dimension. Then, to invite my soul to appear on the other side of the door awaiting my invitation to enter. As I allowed my imagination to expand, I felt an overwhelming sense of exhilaration and anticipation. Sophia asked me to tell her when I felt my soul’s presence beyond the door. When I informed her that he was there, she asked me to go to the door, open it and invite him in. As I opened the door, I was amazed at the energy I felt from my soul. He danced into the room with exuberance and delight. He appeared to me as a bright, red-orange energy full of vitality and enthusiasm. He seemed ready to play and to delight in all that life on this plane offers.

As I do not see myself embodying that energy, I was curious about the incongruence between my way of being in life and his way of being on this spiritual plane. I invited my soul to sit down in the seat next to me. Then, I asked him why I am not living life with the vitality, courage and enthusiasm that he so obviously possesses. He said to me,

You have forgotten who you are. You have believed what others have told you that you are or who they believe you are supposed to be to be accepted. You have conformed to their way of being so that you would be loved. But, what you are receiving is not love, it is conditional acceptance at best. You must begin to love who you truly are, accept who you truly are, and live as though you know who you are. As the saying goes, ‘Dance like nobody is watching, sing like no one is listening and love like you’ve never been hurt.’ You must dance with life in every moment to feel the vitality of life that is flowing through you. That is who and what you truly are, and in doing so you not only serve your highest good, and remain true to your soul, you also serve the world in even greater ways. Allow me (your Soul) to live through you. Allow the exuberance you see and feel right now to be at the forefront of your consciousness. See me as you look in the mirror. Think as me. Feel as me. Act as me. And, claim who you truly are. Not everyone in your world will like it. They will fear it. Others will gravitate to you. They will be drawn to our light and they will be supported in your glowing.

I sat in the radiance of my soul’s presence for twenty minutes or more just soaking up the energy and bringing it more consciously into my mind so that my mind would be renewed and refreshed in that powerful presence. Even now, I am joyously radiating that energy as I write these words.

As I re-read Rev. Linda’s chapter on the power of Life my heart leapt with recognition. That experience with my soul provided me with a visceral connection to the vitalizing energy of Life, the eternal stream of Life that flows from the Godhead into and through all creation. And, I am a channel through which it follows. I am an individuated presence of the Life principle that is God. And, so are you and everyone else. We are the presence of God living in this third dimensional “reality.” As we awaken to ourselves as that, we become more fully empowered by Life. Life animates every aspect of our being. When we understand that we are that Life, created in the image and the likeness of that Life as unique souls - individuated expressions of Life - we know that are here to experience and express that Life to the fullest. We are, in fact, here as creative Life to animate more life, to bring greater demonstrations of that life through us as we use our powers of imagination, wisdom, understanding and all the other powers that we have studied over the course of the past few weeks. The animating power of Life gives energy and vitality to all the other powers.

Life surges through us every moment of every day. We are Life in form. Let us direct that Life through us in service to the highest and best that we are so that we are serving the highest and best in each other and bringing into manifestation a world that reflects the vibrant Life of God. May we use the Life Principle to create a world that works for all.

I encourage you to use the following to assist you in consciously activating the power of Life.

I breathe into the area at the base of my spine and envision a bright red light spinning there. I awaken to my power of Life. Life surges through me as vitalizing energy. I know I am the Life of God in form. I am the Presence. I am animated by it, and I animate my creations with this power of Life. I consciously direct this energy in service to my Christ nature and the Christ nature of all creation. I am the Light of Life.


Join us this Sunday, November 6, for our 10:00 service as we come together celebrating our animating, vitalizing power of Life.

1 comment :

  1. Each of us bring a bit of light to the candle of humanity. Together we are the light of the world. Open your eyes to see the light or close them to see the darkness. Life can be as simple as that; or as complex as you like. It is always our choice of what the world is and how we see it. Thank you for this message David.

    ReplyDelete