Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Thank You!

For the first time in recent memory, I completely understand the meaning of the word ‘surreal’.  Have you ever had the feeling that you must be living inside someone else’s body; that what you are living just cannot be your experience?  Have you ever found yourself saying something and while you are saying it, you hear words coming out of your mouth, yet what you are saying just does not make sense?  It’s like living a waking dream.

I experienced something like that this past weekend as I met with the Board of Trustees to tell them I am leaving Unity of Arlington at the end of May and moving to Denver, Colorado to become the new Spiritual Leader at Unity Church of Denver.  As I sat there in the room sharing the news with them, it seemed as though I was having an “out of body experience.”  After I left the meeting with the Board, I called and personally visited with other leaders in the church, as well as friends, in order to share the same information with them.  I know I was there, and I know I was talking, but what I was saying seemed too outlandish to be true.  If that wasn’t enough, I shared the news out loud from the platform at both services on Sunday morning. 

I heard myself saying the words, yet there was something in my mind that said, “What?! How can you be saying that you are leaving Unity of Arlington?  This must be a dream.”  Yes, I came to understand the full meaning of surreal.  I was living it.

I also sent a letter by email on Sunday afternoon announcing my decision.  If you did not receive it, you can read it by clicking here.  Yes, I am leaving Unity of Arlington to become the Spiritual Leader at Unity Church of Denver.  Even now, typing those words, it still seems strange, but it is real, not a dream. 

I cannot begin to express my gratitude for all that I have learned and the many ways I have grown in the past six years.  This community has encouraged me in many ways, not the least of which is the support I received on my path to becoming a Licensed Unity Teacher, which by the way is now official.  I received the email on Monday. 

I am also touched by the outpouring of support and encouragement I received on Sunday and have continued to enjoy through emails and phone calls during the past few days.  This is an amazing community of caring, loving people.  I thank you from the bottom of my heart for all you have been and all you continue to be in my life.

I know, too, that my announcement stimulated some pain, anger and other emotions for some.  I completely understand that, and it is important to me that you know I am available to hear from you as well.  I know you love me and support me.  I also know that change can be difficult and sometimes painful.  I want you to know that I love you, and I am here to support you.  Please call me if you would like to talk or just need to vent. 

I truly believe that Unity of Arlington is in a strong and secure place from which to continue growth and expansion.  The Board of Trustees is committed to doing whatever it takes to help ensure continued vitality and cohesive operations of the ministry.  They are currently formulating plans to bring in guest speakers and engage the fine arts department to participate more often in the Sunday morning services.  The Board members will also be more active in the business aspects of the ministry with the capable assistance of Sarah Byrd in the office.  I am sure they will be calling upon the community as needs arise.  I am certain that everyone is willing to do their part for the well-being of Unity of Arlington.  You are in good hands.

I will mourn leaving you beautiful expressions of God who are Unity of Arlington.  And, I will celebrate with you as you continue to evolve and brightly shine your light.

While I mourn leaving, I also celebrate the opportunity to connect with Unity Church of Denver.  We are all serving the divine vision and legacy of our founders, Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, and together we are Unity.  We are, and shall always be, One.


I am awake.  This is not a dream.  This is my life.  It’s our life.  Let’s own it together.  I love it.  I love you.  It is all Good!  Thank you.

No comments :

Post a Comment