Search This Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2019

In My Knowing


Earlier this week, J and I made the short drive from Denver to Kenosha Pass in hopes of seeing some fall color. While much of the vibrant gold of the aspen trees had already faded at the higher elevation, we were able to enjoy vistas of color as we stopped at clearings along the hike and looked out  upon the glory below. In addition to the remaining golden aspens, we marveled at the yellows, oranges and reds of the other deciduous trees revealing their fall splendor, as well as the crystal clear blue sky and the wide array of greens and blue-greens displayed by the Colorado evergreen trees. It was perfect weather to enjoy the day and the beauty of the Rocky Mountains.




The trek reminded me of how much I appreciate the change of seasons. Fall has always been my favorite time of year. It may have something to do with being born in the fall. In any case, I love when the air has a slight chill, the wind is crisp and the leaves begin to fall. Living in Colorado, we are blessed to enjoy the best of all four seasons.

Even when witnessing the coming of fall and knowing that the snows of winter will soon follow, I can be at peace. Although more than one snow per year was new to me when moving to Colorado, I have learned to appreciate it and its innate beauty. While at times I tire of the snow during a long winter season, I always know that spring will come. The trees will once again come alive with new green. The flowers will bloom. The air will warm. Spring will come followed by summer. And, once again, the air will chill, the wind will blow, and the leaves will change colors and fall. I know that seasons come and go. It doesn’t require faith or trust. I KNOW.

As I hiked the trail at Kenosha Pass, I was reminded that in a similar way each of us experiences seasons in our lives. They are not predictable as are the seasons of the Earth, but they do come and go, some lasting longer than others. While we often resist it, each of us is in a constant and continual process of change, transitioning from one season of life to the next and the next. We must rely on our KNOWING to help us flow through these transitions with confidence and ease.

When we find ourselves in the dark and cold of winter, whether it be the experience of an illness, a loss, or any other profound change in our lives, it is helpful to KNOW that this, too, shall pass and spring will come again. These times require a level of KNOWING that goes beyond faith or trust. Faith and trust can be powerful allies in these times, but KNOWING will see us through.

KNOWING is beyond the thinking mind. It is deeper than the heart. KNOWING is centered in the depth of the Soul. KNOWING allows for no doubt. KNOWING eliminates fear. KNOWING arises from a conscious connection with Source.

It requires neither faith nor trust to KNOW that morning will follow night as the Sun peaks over the horizon. It requires neither faith nor trust to KNOW that spring follows winter. This same consciousness of KNOWING is essential in our lives. Even in the darkest times, when we KNOW that light will dawn, we can be comforted and encouraged. Spring will come again and new life will spring forth to brighten our world.

As I was writing this, the words of Psalm 23 began to sing in my head. Below is the translation that came to me. In the video below, I guide you through the process with follows:

I invite you to sit comfortably, take a deep breath, allow the breath to focus all of your awareness in your heart, with the next breath drop even deeper into the area between your solar plexus and your navel, now breathe even deeper into your pelvic bowl – the seat of the Soul. This is your connection to KNOWING. Rest your awareness there as you read these words, or listen to my recording of them. Blessings to you!

NOTE: I use ‘I AM’ to refer to the Christed Self, Higher Self, True Self, or Divine Light.

I KNOW that my ‘I AM’ is my guide.
In my KNOWING, I want for nothing.
I rest in green pastures of abundance.
I drink from the still waters of Spirit.
My Soul is refreshed and renewed.
I follow my KNOWING as I walk the path that leads me to my highest good.
Even though I walk through pain and loss, I do not fear, because I KNOW that my ‘I AM’ is always with me.
In my KNOWING, I am comforted and calmed.
Even when I worry and doubt, I KNOW that all of my needs are met.
I am blessed beyond measure.
I KNOW that only good comes to me now and for all the days of my life.
I KNOW that I dwell in eternal peace, harmony and goodwill.



3 comments :

  1. Thank you, I needed to be reminded this morning. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you David for this beautiful prayer. My mother always said “I know” when speaking about life and spiritual being. As always, your teachings take me back to my roots in inspirational and comforting ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM, I KNOW! Thank you David for this wonderful blog, and time for the Guided Meditation based on Psalm 23. It came at the perfect time for the perfect reminder during a morning of busyness when I actually kept putting off my morning meditation and prayer. Thank you! I AM so Good NOW!

    ReplyDelete