Search This Blog

Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Art of Aligning

This Sunday I will continue with my series entitled “Life as Art.” My premise for this series is that each of us, through our thoughts, words and actions, is the artist of our own life. As we connect with our soul, which I believe is our essence created as the image-likeness of the Master Artist, God, we bring into manifestation all that is aligned with our divine nature.

For those who are students of Unity and Heart-Centered Metaphysics, I realize that my use of the word ‘soul’ is not in agreement with the official Unity use of the word. Unity’s concept of ‘soul’ is that it is the “sum total of all our beliefs, thoughts and attitudes, both conscious and subconscious minds.”¹ I, however, prefer the more common usage of the word. I resonate with what spiritual teacher and author, Marianne Williamson, said of the soul, 

For me, it's the truth of who we are. The light, the love which is within us goes by different names, but is the truth of us. Michelangelo said when he got a statue that he would go to the quarry and get a big piece of marble and the way he imagined it, God had already created the statue and his job was just to get rid of the excess marble. So that's what we're like. Inside is the being that God has already created. Some call it the Christ, the Buddha mind, the Shekinah, the light, the soul. And our job is to get rid of this excess, useless fear, thought forms of the world that actually hide the light of the soul.

The soul is the essence of us that is the unchanging experience of who we are. In our humanness we have forgotten this truth. My intention for this series is to offer some practical tools that will help us to rid ourselves of whatever hides our true light and by doing so reveal the masterpiece of God that we are.

My lesson this week is entitled, “The Art of Aligning.” We live in a universe of energy. All energy is in motion and vibrates at a particular frequency. The energy of the soul is no different. As an expression of energy, the soul resonates at a specific frequency. In a similar way to tuning a radio to a particular frequency in order to listen to the desired transmission, we align in consciousness with the frequency of the soul by tuning into it. Intention is the “dial” we use to align with the frequency of the soul.



We set our intention as we activate our power of ‘Will,’ one of the Twelve Powers of Man as discerned by Unity cofounder Charles Fillmore. The power of ‘Will’ includes the mental attitude of willingness to consciously connect with the inner guidance of the soul. Further, ‘Will’ includes our power of free will to make conscious choices that are in alignment with the soul. In addition, ‘Will’ is our power to make a firm commitment not only to listen to the soul’s guidance, but also to follow it. For more on the power of 'Will' I highly recommend reading Divine Audacity by Linda Martella-Whitsett.

As we embrace the willingness to be open and receptive to our soul’s guidance, make choices that reflect the guidance we receive and commit to our choices, we move closer to bringing the invisible nature of our soul into conscious visibility through our thoughts, words and actions.

I hope you will join us on Sunday at 10:00 for our service as we come together to explore further how the power of ‘Will’ can assist us in aligning with the resonance of our soul to bring that vibration into manifestation.


¹ Heart-Centered Metaphysics, Page 157

8 comments :

  1. God gave us three gifts then stepped out of our way, letting us be creators too. God gave us the first gift, our souls, which can experience our individual actions that effect us personally. Then God gave us a second gift, eternity, in which to create our experiences. Finally, God gave us the third gift, free will, which allows us to do whatever we believe will please us. Free Will is the greatest gift, in my not so humble opinion, because God said, "Not my will be done, but thine; fore thy will is mine for thee." What could be greater than that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the article. I would like to add my thoughts. yes just that - Thoughts. We are already tuned into the frequency of Self, Christ, God. When we try to focus an intention to achieve connection we, the ego, are attempting to tune into what we already are in tune with. So the saga goes on and on and on. As we stop trying to tune in - we realize we have always been and always will be tuned in. The search has ended for what was and in us all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! And, the ego, as the directive power of mind, is our power to say I Am and consciously identity with our True Nature. I Am That, and my thinking is not always in alignment so I have the power to make a choice where my individuated awareness is focused.

      Delete
  3. In my egoic self, The I should be seeing God in everything" So much power in lesson 29 from ACIM "God is in everything I see." What a peaceful message. God is ALL......... and if we see we can be. Nothing more - Nothing less

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do we read ACIM or similar teaching if not to remind the ego of the Truth? Who is the one who needs to be reminded? When we allow ourselves to see from the consciousness of the "I" then we do see only God. Be still, and know I Am God.

      Delete
  4. But If I inquire "Who is the I that is looking or asking I realize it is me - the ego. Then if I follow it back to the source (heart) I see and know I is the nothing but is everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we need to revise and update our frame of the 'ego.' When Jesus said, "The Father and I are one." Who is the 'I' to which he was referring? Even that statement speaks of duality. I think - and it is just what I am "thinking' - that it is valuable for us to acknowledge that we live in duality consciousness while in human form. Because doing so also acknowledged the 'ego' that can say "I and the Father are one" as compared to saying "I am this body, thinking, feeling nature or what this world would tell me I am." In God Consciousness there is no duality. In human consciousness, my experience is that there is.

      Delete
    2. Both God Consciousness and human consciousness are correct. There is no duality except when there is. I don't understand it but I believe it. I believe even more that with God all things are possible. I can't and don't explain 'em; I just live 'em.

      Delete